With its workforce in excess of 50,000 employees, the automotive industry is the fourth largest sector of industry in the region. More than 200 companies operate in this field. Added to which, there are numerous subcontractors, such as VDO (Continental), Takata Petri or WOCO, and engineering and consulting companies – such as Bertrand AG, Brunel GmbH or PGAM advanced technologies AG. As such, automotive competence is guaranteed along the entire value creation chain.
FrankfurtRheinMain is increasingly becoming the European center for international automotive companies. GM/Opel operates its largest plant in the world in Ruesselsheim. The European development center of General Motors is also located there.
Numerous Korean and Japanese automotive companies have established their European branches in FrankfurtRheinMain, including:
• Mazda Motor GmbH European R&D Center in Oberursel
• Honda R&D Europe GmbH in Offenbach
• Mitsubishi Motor R&D of Europe GmbH in Trebur
• Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Center GmbH in Russelsheim
• Hyundai Motor Deutschland GmbH in Offenbach
• KIA MOTORS Europe GmbH in Frankfurt am Main und in Rüsselsheim
• Mabuchi Motor Europe GmbH in Frankfurt am Main
• Mikuni Europe GmbH in Eschborn
• Suzuki Deutschland GmbH in Bensheim
• Subaru Deutschland GmbH in Friedberg
• NGK Europe GmbH in Kronberg