FrankfurtRheinMain is home to the largest Korean business community in Europe. Currently around 7,500 Koreans live here. Korean doctors, medical practitioners, lawyers, schools, hairdressers, beauty salons, hotels, restaurants and karaoke bars give them a feeling of home every day. There are also over 20 Korean religious communities.
- General Consulate of the Republic of Korea in Frankfurt
- KOTRA Europe Head Office, Frankfurt am Main (Korea Trade & Investment Promotion Agency)
- Korea Business Center, Korean state incubator for SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises), Eschborn
Since the early 80s FrankfurtRheinMain is the preferred European location for Korean companies. About half of Korean direct investment in Germany is accounted by the State of Hesse. Almost all major Korean corporations are represented in the region with their German and European headquarters. They especially appreciate the excellent infrastructure, the central location in Germany and Europe, as well as the excellent transport links.
The Frankfurt Airport is especially important for Koreans. Over 20 direct flights from Frankfurt to Korea take off each week. Every day a variety of flights leave the Frankfurt Airport to all European countries. Due to this Korean companies can control their market activities throughout Europe successfully from FrankfurtRheinMain. At the same time, they are benefiting from the innovative research landscape of the region.
Examples of Korean companies:
- CJ Group
- Hanwha Group
- Hanjin Group
- Hyundai Kia Automotive Group
- Korea Financial Supervisory Service (Finanzaufsicht)
- Korea Exchange Bank
- Kumho Asiana Group
- LG Group
- Samsung Group
- SK Group
- Shinhan Bank Europe
- SsangYong Motor Company
- The Bank of Korea
- The Korea Development Bank